Security at licensed gaming venues requires a particular set of skills and understanding that differs from the security needed for other venues. Luckily for you, we are highly trained in providing security for the licensed gaming industry and operate at many locations up and down the country. We understand how important it is for your business’ reputation and success to have trained and trusted security officers on site. This not only ensures that your customers feel safe and supported, but it greatly reduces the risk of confrontational behaviour and law-breaking at your business.
In our eyes, there are three main reasons that define security at a casino, detailed below.
1. Being aware of current legislation
There are many rules and regulations that as a licensed gaming venue you will need to pay close attention to ensure that your license remains valid. This include:
- Challenge 25: our door supervisors know to check ID before allowing individuals into your casino, and they are fully trained in recognising counterfeit forms of photographic identification.
- Alcohol consumption: it is the legal right of your bar staff to refuse alcohol to an individual should they feel uncomfortable serving them. This could lead in a confrontational situation and so it’s important to have trained security officers on-site able to step in and escort someone off the premises or call the local authorities if needed.
- Drug awareness: gambling can lead to addiction, and as with an addictive personality, it’s rare that a person only indulges in one vice. This means the likelihood of drug-taking could be heightened, making it all the more important to have security officers well aware of how to recognise and handle drug-taking.
- Gambling addiction: Despite gambling being one of the core reasons for a person to visit a casino, we need to be aware of the risk of addiction and how to support your customers in making good decisions. Security officers are able to step in should a person need help in managing this whilst at your licensed gaming venue.
2. Keeping your customers safe
Unfortunately, too much alcohol can cause problems, especially if people don’t understand their individual limits. If this is a regular occurrence, it could be detrimental to the reputation of your business.
Our security officers are highly trained in understanding how people under the influence of alcohol might behave, and diffusing any situations that might arise as a result. This is even more important when it comes to a casino setting, where monetary losses could trigger negative behaviour and potential violence. Our SIA licensed security guards are trained to react quickly, professionally within the confines of the law. They also act as a brilliant deterrent, encouraging good behaviour amongst your customers, even those who might be a little ‘worse for wear’.
3. Be trusted by the local community
The late closing times of casinos could upset the local community. By investing in door supervisors, you demonstrate that you take the safety of the public just as seriously as you take the safety of your customers. This can help to build your relationship with the local community, making you a respected economic contributor to the area.
For more information on how we can provide a quality security service at your licensed gaming venue, please don’t hesitate to get in touch.
Alternatively, if you’re looking to further your career within the security industry, please check the careers section on our website.
Follow us on LinkedIn
Follow us on Twitter
Follow us on Facebook