On Saturday 19th November, it’s International Men’s Day. We wanted to use the opportunity to say THANK YOU to the incredible men that are part of the Carter Security family.
As an inclusive employer, we have a diverse workforce, but we’re also aware that the majority of our security officers are men. This makes recognising International Men’s Day this year an important date in our calendar.
The theme for this year is ‘Helping Men and Boys’, and it’s celebrated as an appreciation for the contribution that men make to our lives, families, society and nation.
The 6 Pillars of International Men’s Day* are:
- To promote positive male role models; not just movie stars and sports men but every day, working class men who are living decent, honest lives.
- To celebrate men’s positive contributions to society, community, family, marriage, child care, and to the environment.
- To focus on men’s health and wellbeing; social, emotional, physical and spiritual.
- To highlight discrimination against men; in areas of social services, social attitudes and expectations, and law
- To improve gender relations and promote gender equality
- To create a safer, better world; where people can be safe and grow to reach their full potential.
We find it very easy to pinpoint the contribution that our male security officers make to society. By working closely with our clients, they reduce the risk of crime at businesses, and therefore by default, those local areas. Recently, we also partnered with local councils to work alongside the local authorities in reducing anti-social behaviour within popular areas of city centres.
The other important factor for International Mens Day is drawing attention to the resources available that support the physical, emotional and mental wellbeing of the men in our lives. Did you know that just over three out four suicides (76%) are by men, and suicide is the biggest cause of death for men under 35**? These statistics are alarming, so raising the profile of International Men’s Day 2022 is something we’re proud to support as an organisation – both personally and professionally.
More information can be found here: https://internationalmensday.com/
Support for men’s mental health can be found here: https://www.menshealthforum.org.uk/key-data-mental-health
If you're looking to further your career within the security industry, please check the careers section on our website or email us an up to date copy of your C.V. We never subcontract our staff, we invest in their training and we work hard to support our staff. If you could picture yourself as working for one of the leading security companies in the UK, please get in touch. We look forward to meeting you!
Alternatively, for more information on how we can support your business with exceptional security, please don't hesitate to with a member of our team.
Follow us on LinkedIn
Follow us on Twitter
Follow us on Facebook